HOPE ROCKSCircles for Social Change: Workshops & Community Conversations
Another World Is Not Only Possible, She Is on Her Way. – Arundhati Roy
Hope is awakening the dream.
There isn't anyone you couldn't learn to love once you've heard their story.
What was your road less traveled?
Hope Rocks invites people from diverse cultural backgrounds and walks of life, to join together in an atmosphere of dignity, in search of our common ground and shared humanity. Through the use of storytelling, group activities, film and speaking circles, barriers begin to fade. Fear or uncertainty is replaced with curiosity. Curiosity leads to inquiry and dialogue. Dialogue leads to empathy and understanding and a roadmap for a life inspired. We believe that big changes begin with small steps and that ordinary people can become extraordinary stewards for social change.
An experiential, hands-on approach engaging heart, hands & mind – allowing inner wisdom to emerge. The core strategies for Hope Rocks initiatives are:
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Restorative Practices
- Courageous Conversations
- Adventure & Cooperative Learning
- Using the arts and digital storytelling as a catalyst
- Cultivate curiosity and joyful wonder
- Develop empathy & understanding
- Experience active collaboration & team building
- Invite open-mindedness – challenge old paradigms
- Activate a creative, solution-focused lens for viewing the world
- Move from apathy to action with fun factor engaged!